SJD Los Cabos Airport, San Jose del´Cabo International Airport Visitors require a passport and the “Migration Form for Tourists, Transmigrants, Visiting Businesspersons, or Visiting Consultants” [commonly referred to as a Tourist Card],or, an FMM (“Forma Migratoria Múltiple,” previously referred to as an FMT), is a tourist permit that is required for all foreign citizen travelers to Mexico who’s sole purpose is tourism and will not be working in Mexico. These are obtained from airlines [when in transit], or at your point of entry into Los Cabos. Alternatively, these forms are available at Customs in SJD Airport.
Canadian citizens, including those with dual nationality, will be required to present a valid passport in order to enter Mexico. Canadians without a valid passport will be denied entry and returned to Canada.
Mexican Customs Declaration Form
When traveling from the USA you do not need a passport to enter Mexico. You may use:
- Birth Certificate or
- Voter Registration Card or
- Citizenship Card or
- Certificate of Naturalization or
- SENTRI/NEXUS/Global Entry Card
Plus valid-official photo identification
- Drivers Licence or
- Identification issued by a state or official agency
While a valid passport to enter Mexico is not required you will need a valid passport to return to the United States or Canada.
Information on Mexican Customs Declarations
- (FMM) Tourist Cards are issued for up to 180 days of stay in Mexico and are issued per person, including children
- Travelers who want to visit Mexico must have a passport with at least 6-month validity from the planned date of entry
- The Tourist Card (Air) is free for all passengers traveling by air with a major commercial airline. -The Tourist Card (Air) is PER PERSON so if there are four people traveling, all four need a separate Tourist Card with their information
- This FMM Tourist Card has the purpose of facilitating the entry to Mexico but it is not to be used in place of a visa. If your country requires it, the immigration officers at the airport will ask for the visa along with a printed copy of the Tourist Card
Mexicans Living in the United States
If you are of Mexican nationality and reside in the United States please review the Mini_Guia-Avion.