SJD Los Cabos Airport, San Jose del´Cabo International Airport Visitors require a passport and the “Migration Form for Tourists, Transmigrants, Visiting Businesspersons, or Visiting Consultants” [commonly referred to as a FMM Tourist Card or, an FMM (“Forma Migratoria Múltiple,” previously referred to as an FMT), is a tourist permit that is required for all foreign citizen travelers to Mexico who’s sole purpose is tourism and will not be working in Mexico. These are obtained from airlines when in transit, or at your point of entry into Los Cabos. Alternatively, these forms are available to create and print before your trip at home online.
Canadian citizens, including those with dual nationality, will be required to present a valid passport in order to enter Mexico. Canadians without a valid passport will be denied entry and returned to Canada. There is no current Mexico customs declaration form online.
Mexican FMM Tourist Card
The Mexican Government now provides an online service to create, print and have your tourist card ready to present on entry at Los Cabo Airport.
- Mexican FMM tourist card in English / Ingles
- Mexican FMM tourist card in Espanol / Spanish
- Mexican FMM tourist card in Japanese
- Mexican FMM tourist card in Cantonese
- Mexican FMM tourist card in Korean
Mexican Customs Declaration Form
When traveling from the USA you need a passport to enter Mexico. You may also use:
- Birth Certificate or
- Voter Registration Card or
- Citizenship Card or
- Certificate of Naturalization or
- SENTRI/NEXUS/Global Entry Card
Plus valid-official photo identification
- Drivers Licence or
- Identification issued by a state or official agency
While a valid passport to enter Mexico is not required you will need a valid passport to return to the United States or Canada.
Information on Mexican Customs Declarations
- (FMM) Tourist Cards are issued for up to 180 days of stay in Mexico and are issued per person, including children
- Travelers who want to visit Mexico must have a passport with at least 6-month validity from the planned date of entry
- The Tourist Card (Air) is free for all passengers traveling by air with a major commercial airline. -The Tourist Card (Air) is PER PERSON so if there are four people traveling, all four need a separate Tourist Card with their information
- This FMM Tourist Card has the purpose of facilitating the entry to Mexico but it is not to be used in place of a visa. If your country requires it, the immigration officers at the airport will ask for the visa along with a printed copy of the Tourist Card
Mexicans Living in the United States
If you are of Mexican nationality and reside in the United States please review the Mini_Guia-Avion.