- Qualifications for a TAX free shopping refund while in Cabo
All tourist and visitors who arrive by air into Los Cabos or anywhere in Mexico for that matter are qualified. Either commercial airline, private plane, helicopter and even people who travel via cruise liners. Unfortunately those who travel by land, are not eligible for a TAX free shopping refund.
- How does one qualify for a TAX free shopping refund?
There are more than 10,000 affiliate partner stores and shops, if you buy at one of those locations, congratulations! You already qualified. However you must keep all receipts and or credit card vouchers. Before departing Cabo you may stop by one of our locations, we are conveniently located at Airports, Malls and Cruise ship terminals. Keep in mind that we will need a copy of your passport, boarding pass and or cruise ship ID number.
- What is the total refund on purchases made?
Travelers receive a refund of 8.9% of the total amount spent while shopping with affiliate partner stores.
- Where are the refunds provided?
Refunds can be requested at offices in Shopping Malls, Ship Terminals and of course Airports.
- How long does it take to complete the application, and what is the wait time to receive the refund?
Applications can be completed in a matter of minutes and the refund to your credit cards process usually takes about 45 days after you have submitted the form.